Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Install problem - Windows 7 - Does not meet minimum requirement

idata
Employee

I've just put a fresh x64 W7 install onto my new machine, which is an Asus P5QPL-VM EPU, with a G41 chipset. My problem is, I can't get the graphics driver to install for love or money.

Chipset driver has been installed without issue

Storage Matrix will not install, stating that the computer does not meet the minimum requirement.

Graphics will not install, stating that the computer does not meet the minimum requirement. If I try to install the driver manually by pointing Windows at the INF file, it states that there is not a driver there for this version of Windows.

I'd be extremely grateful for any help that can be offered please, since I really need to get this extra output working from the integrated graphics.

Thanks,

Mak

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Ok, I've now been able to determine (via fiddling in the BIOS) that the IGD was disabled before, and hence not being seen in Windows. The problem therefore is that I can't seem to have the integrated graphics AND my PCIE card enabled at the same time? I was really after this for the extra DVI output so I'm a little disappointed. Any suggestions? Selecting anything other than pure "IGD" for the primary boot device seems to prevent the integrated graphics from being seen in Windows, even if I choose PEG/IGD as the option.

Any help hugely appreciated.
0 Kudos