Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Update intel HD 5500 graphics driver error

CSald1
Beginner

Hello,

While attempting to run Star Wars Battlefront, the application stated I needed to update my intel graphics driver from (10.18.14.4062) to (xx.xx.14.4264 or later)

I have attempted to use the automatic intel driver update tool, but it seems as if it's not updating my graphics driver. I attempted to download various drivers from the intel website, but I keep getting a compatibility failure. My 840m is up to date with all of it's drivers. Could someone link me to the correct drivers for my intel graphics? Please and thanks!

My laptop:

i7 5500u

HD 5500/NVIDIA 840m

8 GB RAM

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Which version of Windows do you have? Windows 8 or 8.1 or Windows 10?

Please bear in mind the game you are trying to play requires at least Skylake processor to be compatible. Your processor model is Broadwell.

Allan

0 Kudos
CKali
Beginner

Did someone find a solution for drivers for windows 10 x64, intel graphics HD 5500. I cannot update mine.

I got error message the driver being installed is not validated for this computer, for each every driver I have tried to install.

Thx

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I recommend posting on a new thread since the original post was related to a different topic.

In regard to the error message, it actually, indicates that your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. You are required to install drivers from your computer manufacturer; however, you may try forcing the installation of Intel generic drivers manually.

Please follow manual installation same for Windows® 8 below:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows...

Download the zip version of the video driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Allan.

0 Kudos
CKali
Beginner

Sorry everyone if I missed thread. Just to conclude. Alan thanks.

I did forced windows 10 to use intel drivers and I succeded. I think that my graphics looks good now.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Great to hear your computer is working now.

Allan.
0 Kudos