Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Driver Update not working

JLitt5
Beginner

I recently downloaded a pc game that required a more recent driver update than what I had. I was instructed to use the Intel website to update my drivers. After downloading and installing the update I still could not run the game. According to my pc I am still using the same outdated drivers. I tried to run the update program again, but still no success. For whatever reason it will not allow me to update, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SCris
Beginner

Having same problem man... If I figure out how to solve this issue I'll let you know

0 Kudos
JLitt5
Beginner

Thanks, I doubt I will find any answers but if I do, I will definitely pass them your way as well.

0 Kudos
BWies
Beginner

Same here. It sucks that there's no way to get support from Intel.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I would need more information in regards to your system configuration:

Which version of Windows do you have?

Also, the exact processor model and the graphics controller:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-009482.htm Graphics Drivers — How to Identify Your Intel® Graphics Controller

Windows 7

Click the Windows icon, and then right-click Computer .

Select Properties .

Find System Type on the Properties window, and then note the processor model.

On Windows 10

Click on the Windows icon, and search for "System"

Look for System Control Panel then note the processor model.

Allan.

0 Kudos
JLitt5
Beginner

I have an i3-3240 CPU@3.40 GHz 64bit operating system x64 based processor

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information. I recommend downloading the driver manually, try installing driver name: win64_153339.exe

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

Allan.

0 Kudos