Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Compile my app without cmake

Yaniv_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have an Ubuntu 16.04 OS with R200 cam.

I'm trying to develop a person tracking and base my code on the pt_tutorial_3 sample.

I saw that the samples from the SDK are all based on Cmake compile mechanism linking the headers in the /usr path.

When I try to import the headers manually to my project (include the files with full path) I get an error in compilation saying the header is not recognized.

Can I compile and build my app without Cmake?

How can I link the headers in my project?

1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello YanivSheffer,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since you are on Ubuntu, I'll assume you are using librealsense, in case you are not, please correct me.

As you can see in https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation.md librealsense employs CMake as a cross-platform build and project management system. Therefore it is required to compile and build apps.

Regarding the error with the header files that you are getting, could you please share the error message? It would be of great help for us.

I will be waiting for your response.

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello YanivSheffer,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since you are on Ubuntu, I'll assume you are using librealsense, in case you are not, please correct me.

As you can see in https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation.md librealsense employs CMake as a cross-platform build and project management system. Therefore it is required to compile and build apps.

Regarding the error with the header files that you are getting, could you please share the error message? It would be of great help for us.

I will be waiting for your response.

Pedro M.
0 Kudos
Yaniv_S_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the heads up Pedro.

I managed to write a CMakeLists.txt file to link, compile and build my app. I based it on the CMakeLists.txt file from the pt_tutorial_3 example.

In addition, by using CodeLite IDE, I managed to configure the build mechanism to match the Cmake settings and was able to build it from the IDE as well.

Cheers Yaniv