Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Force to use wired ethernet when wireless docked

SSerg10
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using Intel 7265-AC with wireless dock. Both assembled in HP hardware, Windows 10 x64.

The dock (HP advanced wireless dock) has wired connection to the network router.

I'd like to use this wired connection if my notebook is wireless docked. I can't get it running stable. Sometimes I get very high network rates and blinking ethernet indicator, sometimes looks like only wifi is used even in docked mode.

Unfortunately Intel's dock admin applet is very simple, there is no options for forcing of use of wired connection. I can't find something relevant in Windows control panel. Maybe I'm looking in wrong place...

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Fel17,

We understand that you're having issues maintaining your Ethernet network connection through your HP Advanced Wireless Dock*.

In order to better assist you, we would like to have the following:

1. Please export the logs from your Intel® Wireless Dock Manager.
    1. Click on the question mark sign at the top right corner of the Intel® Wireless Dock Manager.
    2. Select "About Intel® Wireless Dock Manager."
    3. Click on Advanced Diagnostics.
    4. Select "Export info to file."
    5. Name and save this .csv file to a known location.
  2. Your system, drivers, and settings information.
    1. Download and run our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. This application will scan your system and save the information needed to a report.
    2. Please name this file and save it to a known location as well.

To attach these files to your thread, please switch over to the "advanced editor" view while replying, and select "attach" at the bottom right.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fel17,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
SSerg10
Beginner

Yes, looks like. I think a System app called flexnet is responsible for switching between wifi and "wired" (wigig based) ethernet.

Disappointed about wigig net speed, not much fastet then wifi. How much is max possible with wigig, if no Video signal is transferred? Also no USB or audio, just network

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Fel17,

The connection rate between your computer and the dock can reach up to 7Gbps. Meaning you should be able to enjoy the full speed provided by your Ethernet connection, even if you're using the dock for more than just networking.

To improve your connection make sure to keep your laptop in sight of the docking station, at no more than 4 feet (1.5 meters) distance. You may also need to remove any objects between your computer and the dock that may be physically blocking the connection or causing interference.

If after all this you keep on experiencing performance issues, our suggestion will be to contact your computer/dock manufacturer, as they will be your main source of support.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos