Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

i7 6700k weird temperature.

YBoun
Beginner

Hello,

I changed from AMD to Intel and i looked at the temperature and they look crazy.

They go up and down really quick. ( 30°C to 60°C when i launch something, then goes down)

Can you guys help me, to check if everything is ok in the bios and in the pc with sofware?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Daams,

Sure, I can help you.

Please let me gather more information regarding your system configuration, so please provide the following;

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
YBoun
Beginner

Thank you,

Motherboard : MSI Z270 A PRO

RAM : HyperX DDR4 16 GB 2400 MHz CL15 DIMM

Bios Version : American Megatrends Inc. 1.00, 15/12/2016

I joined the report.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information provided.

I noticed that there is a newer BIOS version available from MSI, that version is 1.1. Can you please give it a try and see if it makes any difference? Find the file here; https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-A-PRO.html# down-bios

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
YBoun
Beginner

I update it, it didn't change much, but i'm thinking i didn't put enough TIM, or just not right.

I ordered some TIM, i'll try to clean the CPU well and put enough of the new TIM and see if there is a difference.

Thank for helping, i'll keep you informed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes please keep me posted, I am really interested in your results.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ASušt
New Contributor I

Hi Daams,

I think You may want to read this topic:

Not your CPU, but the situation is very similar.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Links, yes the behavior is similar. I must say that once I started working on /message/465355 Daams's case that came to my mind; however, here the matter is related to an Skylake processor and the thread you mentioned refers to an investigation with Kaby Lake processors. It is possible that re-applying TIM can help, and I really want to know those results.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
YBoun
Beginner

So i've put the ram to 2133 and i've put the new TIM, i noticed it was better.

Before in cs go(game), the biggest climb was 77°C. Now its 67°C.

But i did a prime95 test ( stress test) and it goes up to 79°C, with all cores 100% for 10 mins ( before it was 83+).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the update.

That is really good to hear!

One thing that I would to mentioned is that playing game or running a stress test are CPU intensive tasks, so it is expected that the frequency and temperatures increase. The change you made improved significantly these parameters while running these tasks, and your systems is behaving completely fine.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
YBoun
Beginner

Thanks for you help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/113074 Daams, sure you're welcome.

If have more questions regarding this matter or any other, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos