Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

if the motherboard manufactor stoped providing bios updates how do i update G.O.P firmware ?

BElis
New Contributor I

the motherboard is Asus z97 pro gamer bios version 2203

G.O.P or MEI Firmware hasent changed\updated from the first bios relese ?

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Genesys,

I understand you would like to know how to update GOP Firmware.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .xml file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

What is the issue you are having in the computer that is making you update GOP firmware?

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
BElis
New Contributor I

Hey thanks for replaying

well I'm having issue with my vbios\gop firmware

when ever EHCI handoff is active, when I switch viewing screen or viewing mode's

my pc will crash with a stop code

and I think I will be able to achieve better performance \boot time

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Genesys,

Thanks for the information you sent to me.

After reviewing your case it looks like a BIOS issue. This is because the GOP firmware can be updated through BIOS update only. For this specific issue you are having the best option would be contacting ASUS* directly so they can try to reproduce the issue in their lab with the same motherboard model. If they can reproduce the issue in their lab then they should be able to find the root cause of the problem.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
BElis
New Contributor I

ok thanks I will try that

It will help if you on behalf of Intel

would connect Asus too and ask them to explain why do their BIOS releasing process

does not include intel firmware update on this model Asus z97 pro gamer

since1st BIOS release 0202 till this latest 2203

intel raid + sata firmware is the same

intel GB network i218-v(2) firmware is them same

intel MEI firmware was the same (I have updated it manually to latest allowed by chipset)

intel CPU code was the same (got updated when I used gigabyte motherboard and did a BIOS update so cpu got a new micro code)

intel GOP + VBIOS is the same

the only thing I noticed that got updated was the number of the BIOS version ?

can you open an investigation ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Genesys,

What happens is that we just provide the components to them so they can build their systems. Each computer manufacturer will decide what updates they will include in their drivers and BIOS versions.

The best option would be checking with ASUS* if they can reproduce the issue in their lab.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos