Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 not working on 2.4g

EConr
Beginner

Hi,

I have recently been given a new company laptop and I can not connect with my home network at 2.4g. I have no problem connecting with the 5g, but all of my network printers are on the 2.4g and I do not want to go through the hassle of reconfiguring them (this would mean making changes to multiple laptops in the house). I have tried rebooting, reconfiguring the connection, etc. No other device I have has an issue with connecting to the network.

Looking at your forum, I have tried the following:

1) Update the driver - driver is the latest and I did not need to update

2) Turning off bluetooth

3) Increasing laptop power to maximum

4) Adjusting speed down to down to 20 MHz

Nothing has worked and the system troubleshooter (Windows 7 64bit) could not identify any problem.

The router is 3 feet away from me, so that's not the issue.

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks

econradsg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello econradsg,

We understand that you're having issues connecting to your home network using the 2.4 GHz band.

In order to better assist you we would like to have some more information.

Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility while connected to your 5 GHz network. This application will scan your system and allow you to save your current hardware configuration and settings to a report. Please attach this file to your response by switching over to the "advanced editor."

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello econradsg,

We have not heard back from you in a while. Has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos