Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

External Monitor Not detect !

sfath1
Beginner

Hi

I have a problem with my external monitor. when I connect my monitor to laptop the monitor is not detected by laptop !

on the other side , if I start windows in safe mode or uninstall intel graphic driver the external monitor works fine !

is there any solution for this problem ?

Monitor model : Samsung p2070

Laptop specs :

model : Asus g551vw

cpu : intel core i 7 , 6700 hq

graphic : intel hd graphics 530 and GeForce gtx 960m

ram : 16 mb

bios version : 209(latest version)

note 1 : I update intel graphic driver from intel and laptop manufacturer site but still external monitor doesn't work when driver is installed !

note 2 : reinstalling windows don't solve this problem !

note 3 : my monitor only have dvi port and laptop have hdmi and mini display port !

sry for my bad English

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Sina42048,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

Per the information you are providing, you are using an adapter from HDMI or mDP to DVI so the monitor can be connected. In this case, the issue could be related to compatibility as you are not using straight video connection between the monitor and the laptop.

I would recommend contacting the system manufacturer (Asus) to check all the supported configurations related to external displays so you can make sure you are using a supported configuration, i.e: unsupported display resolution, this because each computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customization or made other changes to the software or software packaging for their product.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sina42048,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you were able to resolve the issue or if you contacted the system manufacturer?

Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
sfath1
Beginner

Hi JC

The problem is solved by using mDP to dvi adapter ! but still hdmi to dvi is not working !

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sina42048,

Thank you for the update.

In this case, I recommend you to contact the system manufacturer to check for any possible compatibility issues or supported configurations.

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos