Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on HD530

SKena
Beginner

Hi,

I have Asus x550vx notebook which has Intel 6700HQ with HD530 integrated graphics and Nvidia 950M.

I spent my whole weekend to detect any software incompatibility but no luck. I tried from oldest driver to newest driver on Windows 7 and Windows 10 as soon as i tried to install driver i'm getting BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE(igdkmd64.sys). I changed allocated memeory for integrated graphics 32M to 128M and 512M from BIOS this also didn't change anything.

I'm able to run Windows Safe Mode. I also tried to uninstall Intel driver in safe mode and go back to Windows and use only Nvidia driver but this way installed softwares can't detect my Nvidia GPU.

Is there another suggestion can you make or is there any way to use my Nvidia GPU without Intel drivers?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Virinom,

Could you please let me know what are the drivers version you have tried?

Also provide your Intel® SSU report, find it here;https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SKena
Beginner

Hi,

Both for Windows 10(tried seperately with anniversery and creators update) and Windows 7 x64, I tried 15.45.16.4627 and 15.40.7.4279.

Also tried both setup version and zip version(via device manager in windows).

And for SSU report I run SSU from safe mode(After BIOS screen my computer keeps crashing so i have to do it from safe mode).

I hope we can find a solution because i can't do anything from my notebook.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the report.

I noticed from the report that your drivers seem up to date, so I would like to recommend to try some older drivers, please find them below;

Please, use this method for the installation;

1. Login with administrator privileges
  2. Open Control Panel.
  3. Open Device Manager.
  4. Click on "Display adapters".
  5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics".
  6. Click on the "Driver" tab.
  7. Click on "Update Driver" button.
  8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
  9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  10. Click on "Have Disk" button.
  11. Click "Browse".
  12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to.
  13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder.
  14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS.</li>
  15. Click "OK".
  16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
  17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/113167 Virinom, I am following up your thread, and I wanted to know if you were able to follow the suggestion mentioned before.

Please, let me know your results.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SKena
Beginner

Hi,

I tried what you what you suggested and it didn't work.

I succesfully installed both drivers from safe mode but after restart system restarts itself a few times and after that I got "Windows does not seem to installed properly" error.

But I'm sure there is no problem with HDD's. So probably failed driver causing this error.

0 Kudos
SKena
Beginner

In addition to my previous reply, i reinstalled Windows to be sure everything is OK with installation and i disabled my internet connection to prevent Windows downloading updated drivers.

But just after installing older driver my screen blinked a few times and after that I got BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE(igdkmd64.sys) and after restart from BSOD I got "Windows does not seem to installed properly". I'm only able to open Windows from safe mode again.

Now I'm thinking that. Why does Intel put their GPU's to every notebook processor and not providing any way to disable it. I can't use my computer because of this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/113167 Virinom, based on your test I would like to know if you used the same Windows image this time.

If your BIOS allows it you may try to disable it from there. One more thing I would like to check is if you have contacted ASUS regarding this matter. Have they provided more troubleshooting steps?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SKena
Beginner

Yes, I used same image file but it is not modified. I downloaded it from Microsoft website.

There is no option in BIOS to disable GPU.

I also contacted ASUS, I sent my notebook to them for repair they changed motherboard and sent back to me. But it didn't solve my problem. (They didn't even check before sending me back.)

After that I'm almost sure this is an software problem because changing motherboard in notebook simply means a new notebook.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just wanted to check if you if have tried with the drivers from ASUS, version .4326 and .5435. Here you can find those drivers; https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X550VX/HelpDesk_Download/..

For testing purposes; can you please try with a different Windows image?

Try the following go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click on Intel® HD Graphics and disable.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/113167 Virinom, hope you were able to follow the suggestion mentioned above.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MSeli1
Novice

I have the same problem. Screen flipper and then crash. Its impossible to work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Happyswed, please stay with your original thread; /thread/113228 https://communities.intel.com/thread/113228. Soon an agent will be working on it.

Regards,

Amy.