Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSense cameras initialization

AKali4
Novice

Hi, I have huge problem with initialization cameras (R200,SR300) in software builded by me. I build my own application and Your "RawStreams" app in x64, x86 (C++) and I tested them with cameras on following devices:

- Desktop : Intel i3-7300, matherboard Asus H110M-C, Windows 10 Pro version 1607 build 14393.969 - not work

- Laptop: Asus G53SW - Intel i7 M620, Windows Pro version 1511 build 10586.713 - not work

- Laptop: Lenovo Y50 - Intel i7 4720HQ , Windows Pro version 1607 build 14393.953 - not work

But I have only one devices which works... It is Asus R510L - Intel I5 4210U, Windows 10 Home version 1607 build 14393.969.

All devices see cameras in aplications like Skype, Camera app or your Intel RealSense SDK Sample Browser. I have installed newest driver of cameras.

Please of any suggesions.

10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The desktop processor is a 7th generation Kaby Lake architecture, so that should be fine for both the R200 and SR300.

The Asus' i7 M620 is listed as being a 1st Generation processor. The minimum for the R200 is 4th Generation Haswell and the SR300 asks for 6th Generation Skylake, so that should not be compatible with any of the cameras except for very basic functions such as RGB video and raw camera data streaming.

The Lenevo Y50 is 4th generation Haswell, so that should be fully compatible with the R200 but not the SR300.

The Asus 510L's processor is a 4th generation Haswell, so that should be fully compatible with the R200 but not the SR300.

If the type of processor means that it cannot access the camera's more advanced functions, it can still be used with applications such as Skype because they are RGB video functions, and the camera is treated by the PC as an ordinary webcam.

AKali4
Novice

I understand but my main problem is connection cameras with my application or "RawStreams" (C++) build by me on another device then Asus 510. I agee desktop and Levono should work but they don't do it. While debuging application I have crash on create singelton of device manager and during creating of session with device manager.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Do you have a Virtual Driver listed for the camera under the Imaging Devices section of the Device Manager? If you only have the RGB and Depth drivers listed then it can cause problems with some applications, such as camera DCM installation.

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Do you have the SDK installed on all the machines? I think that if you have it installed on one, build the RawStreams app then copy the output (.exe etc) to another pc which doesn't have the SDK installed, it won't work. You may be able to use it if the other machines have the SDK Runtime installed, but I'm not 100% on that.

0 Kudos
AKali4
Novice

On R200 I have RGB, Left-Right and Deph driver but on SR300(more important camera) I have Virtual Driver.

0 Kudos
AKali4
Novice

On the desktop(main reason) I have installed SDK downloaded from Intel site.

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Is the desktop with the SDK installed the only one that works?

In addition to the DCM, you also need either the SDK or the SDK runtime installed on a PC to be able to run apps based on the SDK.

I can't find the runtime installer available to download from Intel any more. To get to it (assuming they haven't changed this with the latest SDK release), you can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\runtime on the PC with the SDK installed then copy the runtime_core file to each other PC and install it (if you're only doing basic camera streaming - if you need any of the other things like face recognition you'll need the websetup and choose which sections you need on each other pc).

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

I should note that the idea is that any PC which will be used for development should have the full SDK installed, and any other PC which will only be running apps should have the Runtime installed.

When you distribute your app, you'll also have to make sure your customers install the runtime too. There are ways of distributing the runtime installer with your app (see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/add-realsense-runtime-to-app-installer here) to smooth this process.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks so much for your help with this case, JB

0 Kudos
AKali4
Novice

SDK is installed on i2-7300 desktop. The working devices is Asus 510L without SDK

0 Kudos