Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 Virtual Driver disappears in Windows 10

CSENS
Novice

Hi Guys,

Another strange issue with my SR300...now all of a sudden the Virtual Driver disappeared on my Devices List...!

I see only the RGB and DEPTH Drivers...

Does anyone know anything about why it happens ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance..!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you have a USB Developer Kit camera, you can restore a missing Virtual Driver with the procedure below.

1. Open the Device Manager and go to the Imaging Devices section, where the RealSense drivers are listed.

2. On each of the RealSense drivers in this section, right-click on it and select Uninstall until you have no RealSense drivers listed under the Imaging Devices section.

3. Ensure that you are connected to the internet. Then unplug the camera from the USB port, wait a couple of seconds and plug it back in. Windows 10 should then automatically download and install the RealSense drivers over the internet over the next 5 to 10 seconds, putting them back in your Imaging Devices list and restoring the Virtual Driver if it had been missing.

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

Dear Marty

Thanks for your helps and advices.

I have already tried all that but nothing changed...

It does not install the Virtual Driver at all...

I tried to perform a firmware update but it also failed...

Simply stuck here...any other suggestions welcome..!!

Thnx

C

0 Kudos
JHenr5
Novice

I'm having the same issue. I just installed the Windows Creators Update and now I can't use the SR300 camera.

0 Kudos
APrew
Beginner

having this same issue, camera is brand new and worked fine at first, the creators update hit and now I am missing my virtual driver as well (depth and color show up) I tried uninstalling both drivers and the unplug/plug with no luck.

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

After noticing that we all had the same issue right after the Creators Update I decided to test my camera in a virgin Win10 which is WITHOUT Creators Update...but the Camera showed up again the same way on Devices list...just DEPTH and RGB...

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

Another strange thing ...I tried to Uninstall and Re-Install RS SDK... BUT ! Now...when I click the UNINSTALL exe Win10 neither uninstalls nor the OFFLINE PACKAGE SET UP EXE starts successfully and re-installs RS SDK...Everything seems to be messed up...Now the last choice to try : roll back Win10 and see what happens...

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

Weird...Weirder..Weirdest...And now after several attempts I was able to re-install the RS SDK..BUT..! now it ended up with a failure : DCM not found for the camera.. I am going nuts here...

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The order of installation that RealSense desires is for the DCM to be installed first and then the RealSense SDK installed second. This creates an understandably frustrating situation if you are able to complete installation of the SDK but not the DCM.

The Creator's Update is causing problems with the Depth component of the camera on SR300 cameras specifically.

CSENS
Novice

Thanks MartyG...! Good to know that it was not just a fault of mine..so far, for me, there is no other option than just wait and see what Intel techs will come up with as a solution... Have a nice da/night ahead every1....

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

Downloaded the DCM Manager...Installed it successfully ...It asked me to update the firmware of the camera to proceed and I clicked YES..it updated successfully and installed ....BUT..after ALL these attempts the SAME OLD STORY : NO VIRTUAL DRIVER....!

0 Kudos