Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Can I dowload any graphics driver for Windows 10?

ESmit9
Beginner

I am having problems getting my Adobe Character Animator application to work. When I open it a pop up appears that says "OpenGL setup failed". It also tells me that I may need to update my graphics driver. I have an HP computer that runs Windows 10 and I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 driver. Unfortunately Intel discontinued the HD Graphics 3000. Would it work to just install any newer Intel driver that is supported by Windows 10 or is the one I have the only one that will work? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

No, you cannot download just any driver.

As you say, Intel HD 3000 graphics are not supported on Windows 10:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No, you cannot download just any driver.

As you say, Intel HD 3000 graphics are not supported on Windows 10:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

Doc

0 Kudos
ESmit9
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. So can I download the most recent graphics driver on here that is compatible with Windows 10? For example Intel HD Graphics 610.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello esmitty947,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues to update the graphics driver.

As you mentioned and Al Hill confirmed, the Intel® HD Graphics 3000 are not available for Windows® 10.

Each processor comes with a specific graphics controller (Intel® HD Graphics 3000 for your processor) the Intel® HD Graphics 610 are only supported by the 7th generation of Intel® Core™ Processors, therefore; they won't install on your system.

I have also sent you a private message.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello esmitty947,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
idata