Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

When I enter in web server admin with the default admin@server.com user login ok but it throws this error when I change the password with a full right pass that is mandatory: "There is an error with the parameters: The password is not valid"

ASánc1
Beginner

When I enter in web server admin with the default mailto:admin@server.com admin@server.com user login ok but it throws this error when I change the password with a full right pass that is mandatory: "There is an error with the parameters: The password is not valid".

The login is ok but when you have to change the pass using a right password it answers with the error like wrong type of password.

I can skip this at the first entering in the Unite Database and in the users table changing the boolean value for forcing change password from true to false.

But then you can create groups and so on but you don´t create new uses nor modify the mailto:admin@server.com admin@server.com.

It´s very strain and we need and answer, even it´s valid modifying Data base.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ASánc1
Beginner

After serveral tries it seems to be html5 validation in 3 web browers which decides that our key for change a key or create a new user is not properly, even accomplishing all requisites.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

angelVSI: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Unite™ app communities.

In order to try to find a possible solution for this problem we will do further research on this subject. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the information on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

angelVSI: I just wanted to let you know that I just received an update on the research we are doing on this matter, based on that information:

Please make sure the below roles are added to the server:

Server Roles: Web Server

Include Management Tools

Add .NET Framework 3.5 features

Add .NET Framework 4 features

ASP .NET

WCF Services

HTTP Activation

Web Server Roles:

Web Server, Common HTTP features and Default Document.

Then verify the authentication modes used during MS SQL installation. To change login/authentication type go to Microsoft SQL Management Studio and connect to the SQL server, right click on the SQL server and select Properties. Select Security page and make sure SQL Server and Windows authentication mode is selected if SQL authentication is selected when installing Intel Unite application on the server.

Finally follow the troubleshooting steps from the below link on page 63 and also follow the steps from page 72 to 75 when creating the SQL server:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_Enterprise_Deployment.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_Enterprise_Deployment.pdf

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

idata
Employee

angelVSI: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
ASánc1
Beginner

Hi.

Really we checked all and all the features are ok but checker of passwords keeps blocking any key in the forms and we resolved maintening the same initial user and his password.

If you can tell us how key is stored y de database, what kind of hash, we can connect via SQL Studio and create users manually and insert any string password converted in the suitable hash in order to the key works.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi angelVSI: You are welcome. I will try to gather the information you are asking for. As soon as I get any details on that regard I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

angelVSI: I just wanted to let you know that I just got an update on this matter and we just wanted to confirm a few things:

What password are you using?

Have you tried different browsers?

Please, uninstall the Intel® Unite application, delete the "UniteServer" database from the SQL and reinstall the application.

Remember that the account must have permissions to add the database and create the database service account.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
ASánc1
Beginner

Hi.

I´ll reinstall all again in a new server.

But how can I am sure that "the account must have permissions to add the database and create the database service account", because I followed all the steps of the manual, with password.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I will try to gather the information about your inquiry and I will let you know all the details as soon as possible.

Please let us know the results after re-install all again in a new server.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
ASánc1
Beginner

Hi again.

We have reinstalled all following the manual and with care to accomplish the requisites that "Intel Corporation" above says, but changing or adding a Key always says 2 kind of errors in the web admin panel:

"There is an error with the parameters: Invalid Password"

"There is an error with the parameters: The token has expired" in 1 minute.

0 Kudos
ASánc1
Beginner

We´ve tried serveral browsers.

The solution, some extrange.

I acceses to Database with SQL Studio. In unite database, I open de Users Data, and select UNITESERVICEUSER, and in its properties, I keep the same membership properties (db_datareader, db_datawriter and procedures), but I change Owned Squemas incluiding all except the last one (Guest).

I restart the sql service.

Then I confirmed that for a user like mailto:user@server.com user@server.com it doesn´t like a key like .1z2x3c4V nor 1z2x3c4V. which accomplishes the required requisites, but it accepts Admin@1z2x3c4V. I thing that "." charater is not cosidered as a character by html pattern check and but "@" yes. And longer than the message says is better.

Something extrange but We solved.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

angelVSI: Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Perfect, we are glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Actually, as you mentioned, I just received an update stating that the problem is happening because of the special characters, and the recommendation was to avoid using / ; :

But, it is great to hear the problem got fixed.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos