Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 - Unity 5.2.4 - RSSDK 2016 R2 - User Segmentation Crash

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am currently trying to upgrade an existing project the used R200 to use the SR300. I've updated the Unity project to use the Unity Toolkit from the RSSDK 2016 R2. I've tested all the Unity sample scene's and they all work fine with the SR300, but my project fails on when trying to call Enable3DSeg with no error logs, Unity just stops responding and needs to be restarted. If I comment out the call the Enable3DSeg my project runs fine, although obviously the portions of the project that try and do the User Segmentation don't actually work.

I've tried the User Segmentation samples found in the Intel RealSense SDK Sample Browser and once again it is working as expected.

I am looking for some help in getting this to work in Unity with the SR300.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A couple of other people have experienced this issue in the past with Unity, where the Unity segmentation sample runs fine but using Enable3DSeg in their own application causes Unity to crash. An example of this:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/676742 Segmentation crashing Unity 5.4 and 5.4

In another example of the problem, an SR300 user was able to use segmentation and hand gesture features successfully individually, but if he tried using the the two features together at the same time then their program wouldn't work. His suspicion was that the problem was with the SenseManager.

So far, nobody has managed to solve the issue yet. Reading back through the posting of the first example though, I note that they were having the problem when calling SenseManager.Enable3DSeg().

0 Kudos