Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Rendering device has been lost: Application closing. Overwatch game!

idata
Employee

I saw this forum post : and was gonna afk the same question.

I do have the same issue with game crashing over and over again..

I tried do a sfc /scannow in cmd without resault.. I tried reinstall gfx drivers without resault, also tried change gfx settings in the game... Also without resault.

Updated latest windows driver, using a program for clean gfx drivers... everything without resault.. I hope you guys can help me out a bit!

here is a post of my Dxdiag. (attatched file)

Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Iampappaj,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are getting this error. From the DxDiag report, I found you are using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card.

Can you please try the following?

1. Right-click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.

2. Click Manage 3D settings in Select a Task.

3. Select your desired software from the Select a program to customize drop-down list on the Program settings tab.

4. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor from the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program drop-down list.

5. Click Apply.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Iampappaj,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello. Sorry for late answer been away for a few days.

I tried what you asked for without any result.

Game is still crashing

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Iampappaj,

In this case, I would recommend contacting NVIDIA for support, this because the DxDiag doesn't show any information about Intel® HD Graphics, this means that they are disabled; therefore the best place to get support is from the graphics card manufacturer.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos