Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Third monitor recognized but I can't extend to it.

GRyan
Beginner

Hello,

I am finding a lot of similar questions to the one I am asking but none were identical and hence did not resolve my problem.

I have just added a third monitor to my system. It is recognized but I am unable to get a picture on it or extend to it. Actually I am able to extend to it, however one of the other monitors is then de-activated.

My original two monitors were connected via VGA and DVI respectively. I am attempting to connect the third via HDMI.

My system details are as follows:

Windows 10 - 64 bit

Intel (R) Core i5-4670T

Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600 - Driver Version 20.19.15.4624

MSI H81M-E34 Motherboard.

I'm sure there is a simple solution, but it is proving to be a frustrating problem.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Check out: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005556.html Frequently Asked Questions about 3 Displays Configuration

GRyan
Beginner

Hi Stefan3D,

Thanks. However I have been through that list and nothing in there corrected the problem that I am having.

0 Kudos
GRyan
Beginner

Thanks, I'll work may through that document and hopefully find a solution.

0 Kudos
GRyan
Beginner

It does seem like I need a DP, which my motherboard does not come with.

Is it easy enough to add a display port?

I'm open to other suggestions at this stage!

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Can you change sth. in BIOS settings?

https://de.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H81M-E34.html# down-bios Support für H81M-E34 | Motherboard

Update H.5 mentions

- Hide item "IGD Multi-Monitor" when "Initiate Graphic Adapter" set to IGD.

0 Kudos
GRyan
Beginner

Hi,

I changed "Initiate Graphic Adapter" to IGD, but still no change.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi grdnryn,

In order to achieve a 3 displays configuration on your graphics controller a DP connection is needed;

The processor is capable of driving a 3 display configuration following the table mentioned above, so at this stage the recommendation is to contact your computer manufacturer in order to get more feedback on setting a similar configuration. You may also consider adding a graphics card to the motherboard.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
GRyan
Beginner

OK, thats annoying. But thanks for the reply and answer Amy

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

If there is something else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos