Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Crash when two people are doing kissing-like gesture and coming close to each other

JCele
Beginner

We have a crash (that we are able to reproduce in the SDK examples) when two people come close to each other and do the "kiss" gesture with their lips. It can happen in less than twenty seconds if moving a bit, entering and leaving the camera area, etc...

The stack trace (not very useful...) is as follows (sorry, in french; "inconnu" means "unknown"), when trying in the Face Tracking example:

libpxcface_idc.dll!0fb9ebe3() Inconnu

libpxcface_idc.dll!0fb9e454() Inconnu

libpxcface_idc.dll!0fb9dd10() Inconnu

libpxcface_idc.dll!0fb58c59() Inconnu

libpxcface_idc.dll!0fca83b6() Inconnu

libpxcface_idc.dll!0fca84e0() Inconnu

libpxcface_idc.dll!0fb581d6() Inconnu

libpxcface_idc.dll!0fb581d6() Inconnu

Realsense SR300, SDK R3, Windows 10

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JCele
Beginner

Here's a screen capture of a crash, if it can be useful. We tried with the different profiles.

0 Kudos
ASere5
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm reporting another occurrence of this problem here :

Our problems look similar, but are not quite the same. Maybe, with the ressource in this thread, you'll be able to solve your problem, or it might help you do more tests and give Intel more data to track down the issue.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I remember getting a crash in my own RealSense project in the Unity game creation engine earlier this year when trying to use a kiss gesture. So I don't think it's a problem that is exclusive to the R3 version of the SDK. A few of the face gesture settings just seem to be much more likely to cause a crash than others, or not respond at all unless you contort your facial expression into something resembling a horror movie monster..

If you are using the Unity game engine, there are workarounds you can construct to detect a kiss-like action. Otherwise, all you may be able to do is choose a facial gesture that approximates what you want to achieve. For instance, if the two people are in close proximity to each other and the 'Mouth Opened' expression is true.

0 Kudos
JCele
Beginner

I am not using Unity3D but the raw C++ API.

The problem is that the crash occurs even if expressions / recognition / pulse are deactivated, eg. I tried and got a crash with only "Detection", "Landmarks", "Pose" being checked in the SDK example. So maybe it's not a problem due to the kissing gesture specifically but to multiple person detection...

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Another developer who saw your message has just reported that they also had a crash when at least 2 people face to the camera.

There is an emerging pattern of developers who have problems in R3 when using the Face module in combination with other modules. There are not enough reports yet to confirm this for certain though.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys,

I would suggest you to take a look at this link, regarding an issue with the libpxcface_idc.dll library.

/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/06/20/known-issue-crash-in-libpxcfaceidcdll-in-realsense-sdk-r3 https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/06/20/known-issue-crash-in-libpxcfaceidcdll-in-realsense-sdk-r3.

Regards,

Pablo M.
0 Kudos