Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Help, Just upgraded from i5 650 to i7 860!

lmars4
Beginner

Just upgraded from i5 650 to i7 860, and upgraded RAM 6gb to 16gb! Now my computer randomly crashes, It blue screens but then reboots quickly, it also crashes, freezes. Ive done the load test on the cpu and it passes fine, i checked the Intel® Driver Update Utility and it told me the USB Controllers (Intel(R) 5 Series) where out of date. So i downloaded and installed them but its still happening, some times my tv turns off and it comes up with the tool tip saying "The display driver stopped working but recovered." Will this be a PSU problem? I have a HP p6320uk but upgraded the CPU and RAM, please help

Thanks Lee

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello LeeMP,

Would you please let me know the model number of the memory you are using?

It looks like the motherboard can handle up to 16 GB of RAM; however it needs to be DDR3 1066 and 1333 MHz only, since these are the memory speed processor handles.

You may want to run some basic troubleshooting steps such as:

• Test the system out of the chassis, minimal configuration (Motherboard, processor, power supply, 1 memory stick and video card)
  • Remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system.
  • Start adding one component at the time until you find the conflicting one.
  • Swap components to narrow the issue if possible.
  • Any additional troubleshooting provide by HP.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello LeeMP,

Would you please let me know the model number of the memory you are using?

It looks like the motherboard can handle up to 16 GB of RAM; however it needs to be DDR3 1066 and 1333 MHz only, since these are the memory speed processor handles.

You may want to run some basic troubleshooting steps such as:

• Test the system out of the chassis, minimal configuration (Motherboard, processor, power supply, 1 memory stick and video card)
  • Remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system.
  • Start adding one component at the time until you find the conflicting one.
  • Swap components to narrow the issue if possible.
  • Any additional troubleshooting provide by HP.

Regards.

0 Kudos