Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Latest update for HD Graphics 3000 gives reduced performance

MRuma1
Novice

Hey there,

I've updated my HD Graphics 3000 with latest 9.17.10.3223 drivers and I experience a very bad performance in Games after updating. I was playing "Remember me" before the update and the game is now so lagging and gives poor, reduced performance after the update. I'm not complaining, I just want you guys to check it.

I'm a quick updater and I used to update my drivers as soon as the new drivers come out. So, I always look forward for new updates and expect at least a little increased performance after a new update. As a gamer I'll be pleased if I can help Intel graphics developing community.

Thank you.

14 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Rumais,

Thanks for the feedback.

I am going to test the latest driver and I will be back with more information.

0 Kudos
MRuma1
Novice

And I can report that Even NFS Most Wanted 2012 lags a lot. It never happened for NFS with any of a previous driver versions.

* Just as an additional info, though Windows experience index is not a great benchmarking tool,

It shows that my Gaming graphics index is reduced to 6.2 from 6.3 after this driver update.

Hope there are some other guys testing the driver.

0 Kudos
EKasa1
Beginner

Hi i have the same problem , my graphics are intel hd 2000 but the same update i think . I just updated yesterday and have seen lower fps on my games Cs 1.6 online servers , and spider-man 3 .

Please fix this

0 Kudos
MRuma1
Novice

Hey,

Indeed it gives a poor performance compared to the previous driver updates. Is this thread followed by intel tech guys? If not, how do we bring this to their attention. Anybody?

0 Kudos
EKasa1
Beginner

Hi

I have already writed to support waiting for their response on e-mail .

Hope they see this topic , and my email .

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello All,

We are tracking this issue and of course we are here to help you out with this. As mentioned before, We are trying to test the driver.

Sorry for the delay.

0 Kudos
MRuma1
Novice

Hope you guys find out the bug and come up with the solutions. We are too here to help you test the games if you want.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

I have been testing the drivers from our side and I have not been able to replicate the issue. I have used different processors with the controller and different systems but so far everything is working fine for me. At this point, I will forward this feedback to the development team so they can take it in consideration for the next release. In the meantime if the system keeps lagging, I recommend you rolling back to previous driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22627&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

0 Kudos
JAher
Beginner

I'm also using a HD Graphics 3000 with the 9.17.10.3223 driver, on a Dell Latitude E6420. I have experienced frequent screen tearing since upgrading to this driver release. This has been most apparent in scrollable areas in applications such as IE, FF, and Outlook. It would be great if someone looked into this for the next driver release. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jared_MITRE,

The screen tearing problem has been reported in this thread:

/message/206757# 206757 https://communities.intel.com/message/206757# 206757

I am currently working on this one also. If you are having problems with it please report it on the link provided above.

0 Kudos
NMata2
Beginner

we need new driver for the hd 3000!

0 Kudos
JSant22
Beginner

Have this update been fixed? because im look forward to updating my intel hd 3000 driver but im afraid that it might reduced my performance.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Icey, we have released a new driver version 3347 for your graphics controller. In the case you want to update the driver, you can download it at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23377 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23377

With this driver we have not received feedback about performance issues so I hope this works for you.

0 Kudos