Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Again about i5-3570k temperatures...

AShul
Beginner

Good day!

I am an owner of i5-3570k. The CPU operates at 4200mhz 1.136v. It's temperature under load in this mode in hottest summer days reached 74c (hottest core) and now as it's getting cooler it doesn't go beyond 67c. Idle temps jump from 30 to 50.By the word LOAD I mean games to which I dedicate

a couple of hours a day. The question might seem incorrect...yet... With above temps for how long is the CPU going to LIVE ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am afraid to say that this information is not available from our side since Intel® does not support overclocking on products.

The Intel ® processors lifetime is from 5-7 years while using it under the recommended specifications but based on the high quality components that are used on Intel® processors, the units can last longer than that.
0 Kudos
AShul
Beginner

I'm actually anxious about temperatures not frequency or voltage. Should I bother that my CPU degrades during the following let's say couple of years if the max core temp (I say again CORE not PACKAGE temp) is around 70c under heaviest loads... That is my question...

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jester3793,

We can consider overheating when the processor temperature overpasses the 92 C. After 100C the processor is going to shut down automatically for security reasons. When the processor stays from 50C to 75C it is still under the normal temperature. All Intel® processors have been built with high quality components so using the processor with high workload or 70C should not be a problem for the unit.

0 Kudos
AShul
Beginner

So Kevin thank's a lot for a complete answer )))

0 Kudos