Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Extended monitor settings don't persist after sleep or reboot

NPage
Beginner

Hi,

I have 2 acer KA240HQ monitors set up for extended desktop. One is connected via display port and the other via HDMI. I have set up extended desktop both through the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and Settings>System>Display.

Every time the computer is turned on or woken up from sleep, the signal from the HDMI connected monitor has gone and I have to go into the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to detect the monitor again. I've tried reinstalling the drivers but this hasn't solved the problem.

(My processor is a i7-7700 3.60GHz and have a Win10 OS).

any help would be appreciated!

many thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello nicolap123,

Thank you for joining the Intel® community. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I would like to gather more information regarding your system configuration, this will help to address this matter in the most accurate way, please provide the information below:

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
NPage
Beginner

Hi Amy

Thank you, I've not got the Advanced Editor option in the top right of the reply but there was an 'attach' so I've used that. Hope that works the same.

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks /thread/117685 nicolap123.

I checked the file looking for your computer model, but the report did not pull that information. Could you please let me know your computer model?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
NPage
Beginner

Hi

It's a Zoostorm Asus with a H110M-R motherboard.

I did ask the scan to fetch all content so not sure why that didn't work!

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks /thread/117685 nicolap123, it was probably the tool.

I am aware that you re-install some drivers, but I would like to request a test with the customized driver from your computer manufacturer, please find it here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/vga/Intel_Graphics_Accelerator_Driver_win64.zip?_ga=2.113936772.2069113969.1504802328-1591972974.1464359624 http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/vga/Intel_Graphics_Accelerator_Driver_win64.zip?_ga=2.113936772.2069113969.1504802

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
NPage
Beginner

Hi Amy

I uninstalled then reinstalled the driver you gave the link to, but this hasn't worked.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/117685 nicolap123, I am sorry to hear that!

Please let me double check this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/117685 nicolap123, thank you for your patience.

I was double checking your motherboard specification I noticed that the motherboard does not have a DP port, this indicates me that you might be using a converter or adapter. If this is the case, unfortunately, the persistence feature that allows to remember the configuration is working incorrectly or not working at all, this is why you are unable to remember the configuration set before putting the computer to sleep or when rebooting.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
NPage
Beginner

Hi Amy

Thank you for investigating this further.

The computer isn't using a converter or adapter. We've checked the back of the tower and the monitors connect straight from hdmi to hdmi port and dvi to dvi port.

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the clarification.

Let's try testing an older driver, for testing purposes I would like to see the behavior with the following driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=98909 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
NPage
Beginner

Hi Amy

Yesterday afternoon we tried a number of different things, such as a different graphics card, and swapping the cables and connections. We finally managed to get it to work by switching one of my acer monitors with an LG monitor of the girl next to me (so now we both have an acer and an LG monitor each). We discovered that the problem only occurs when both acer monitors are used together. As we spent quite a significant portion of the day doing this I think we're going to leave the arrangement as is for now.

Thank you for your help and patience in trying to resolve this, it is much appreciated.

Nicola

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Nicola sure, you're welcome. I sure understand the arrangement with the displays, I am glad to hear you were able to find this.

If you have more questions regarding any other matter, please let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos