Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How can I match RGB and IR picture in SR300?

eakba
Beginner

I took one image with RGB and IR , I want to match them exactly for NDVI calculation , because in same resolution they aren't match together.

how can I do this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
16 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The link below has a script for the RealSense SDK that combines RGB and depth streams into one image. The script was for the SR300's direct predecessor the F200.

https://mtaulty.com/2015/04/16/m_15794/ https://mtaulty.com/2015/04/16/m_15794/

Or are you not asking about how to merge the streams but instead ensure the two separate images have the same dimensions, like in the discussion below?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Elnaz,

I was wondering if you had the chance to check the suggestion provided by MartyG.

If you have any update or question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
eakba
Beginner

Hi

Now I have a big problem, The RGB of camera doesn't work but IR and Depth work and I don't know how can I solve it, I read another posts regarding this problem and I tried the steps but it doesn't work again.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Elnaz,

In order to provide the adequate assistance, could you please share your system information file? This can be done with the following instructions:

• Press WinLogo key + r.

• Type msinfo32.

• In the System Information console, click File > Export, and attach the .txt file to this community thread.

Additionally, please share what kind of troubleshooting have already tried, as well as the links to the community threads that you have already checked.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
eakba
Beginner

Hi Andres

Thank you for your email, I have work with IR and depth but RGB doesn't work.

please see the attachments.

ystem Information report written at: 09/20/17 14:27:48

System Name: DESKTOP-MO76N72

[System Summary]

Item Value

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP-MO76N72

System Manufacturer HP

System Model HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Z4Z22UA# ABA

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2904 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F.33, 6/20/2017

SMBIOS Version 2.8

Embedded Controller Version 94.60

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer HP

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\windows

System Directory C:\windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.15063.502"

User Name DESKTOP-MO76N72\Elnaz Akbari

Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 10.5 GB

Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB

Available Virtual Memory 12.4 GB

Page File Space 2.38 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

[Hardware Resources]

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Elnaz,

Thank you for the information provided.

In the previous post you mentioned the following:

I read another posts regarding this problem and I tried the steps but it doesn't work again.

Could you please tell me what kind of troubleshooting have you already tried, as well as the links to the community threads that you have already checked?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
eakba
Beginner

Hi ,

Thank you for your response, I checked this post

"

/message/476119# 476119 RGB Camera Stream of the SR300 stops working

also

/message/471289# 471289 How to get SR300 working on Windows 10 Build 1703 - Including SDK Apps such as Segmentation (Updated 5/17/2017)

Is there any costumer service that I can send or show our camera to check it? first time the RGB worked and IR didn't work.

now RGB doesn't work and IR works.

Best regards

Elnaz

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This forum is the primary means of providing support for RealSense cameras. You can post videos here to demonstrate to Intel support agents what your camera is doing, but there is unfortunately no means of sending your camera hardware for a repair check.

0 Kudos
eakba
Beginner

As I put the pictures in previous posts , for RGB the camera doesn't show anything and just stopped.

How you can solve this problem? Thank you

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel support agent Andres is currently handling your case. I just wanted to add a comment about the lack of availability of a service for sending your camera for a repair check by engineers. Good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Elnaz,

Thank you for the information provided.

The links that you provided shows possible workarounds to the issue some users are experimenting after updating to Windows Creators Build 15063, but unfortunately it doesn't solve 100% of the scenarios.

Currently there is not an official solution to the issue (https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/04/07/windows-10-creators-update-build-15063-is-not-compatible-with-intel-realsense-sr300-camera-driver https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/04/07/windows-10-creators-update-build-15063-is-not-compatible-with-intel-realsense-sr300-camera-driver).

I know this is not the answer you were expecting, but there is not much that I can do in this situation.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
eakba
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to inform you that I bought new SR 300 camera and it works without any problem,

now my question is, how can I write a code for this camera ,

to take RGB picture then stop and take IR picture ? could you please guide me ?

Thank you

Regarda

Elnaz

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm very glad that your new camera is working fine for you!

The usual method is to process the data in this order:

1. Pause at a frame.

2. Allow that frame to be processed.

3. Release the frame so that the next frame of data can be processed.

The guide linked to below is an excellent one for learning these concepts, as it explains the instructions and has sample scripts. The script at the very bottom of the guide is particularly good for illustrating steps 1-3 above.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/10/15/how-to-record-and-playback-streaming-sequences-in-intel-realsense-sdk How to Record and Playback Streaming Sequences in Intel® RealSense™ SDK | Intel® Software

0 Kudos
eakba
Beginner

Thank you for your quick attention,

another question is that , where should I write these sample codes?

when I open SDK, I can see documentation and sources ,

in which part should I add scripts ? and for writing these codes which software should I have?

Thank you for your kind attention

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The best way to write and run scripts is using Microsoft Visual Studio. There is a free Community edition of it that you can try.

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/community/ Free IDE and Developer Tools | Visual Studio Community

Once installed, you need to configure Visual Studio's 'development environment' to use the RealSense camera.

If you are going to write scripts in C# language, look at this link:

C#

https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_devguide_csharp_application.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R2 Documentation

And if you are going to write in C++ language, use this link:

C++

https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_devguide_cpp_application.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R2 Documentation

When you run a script in Visual Studio, it 'builds' the code into a file that can be run without having to have Visual Studio open.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can you match them? I want do this. Can you tell me how to do it?

0 Kudos