Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 Graphics - HDMI wrong resolution and no Audio

idata
Employee

I am using my old pc to set up an arcade cabinet. The display is a Seiki 32" 1080p tv. The computer has windows 7 on it. The CPU is an i5 2500K.

When the bios software runs the tv resolution is at 1080p. When the computer boots into Windows the resolution is 1024x768. The option of 1920x1080 is not available to switch to. There is also no audio.

In device manager I see an Intel HD display audio device but this device is not showing up in the audio playback devices.

When I updated the Intel HD display audio device, the resolution changed (I don't know what to) and there was audio. The computer asked to restart and when it restarted it went back to 1024x768 resolution and again no audio.

Is there a way I can fix this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jeremy257,

I understand you are trying to get 1920x1080 screen resolution on your Seiki 32" 1080p TV.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Are you using HDMI to HDMI cable?

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jeremy257,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the 1920x1080 screen resolution you are trying to get on your computer. If you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Fred,

Thank you for reaching out again. I did run the diagnostic last night finally but didn't get a chance to send in the file. I will do so over the weekend.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The cable is HDMI to HDMI and I've tried more than one cable and can verify the cable works elsewhere.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jeremy257,

Thanks for the update. Please attach the Intel® System Support Utility at your convenience.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jeremy257,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the 1920x1080 screen resolution you are trying to get on your computer. If you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos