Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Stops Windows 10 Booting

DM14
Beginner

If I install Intel RST my workstation will not boot . . .

The Windows logo appears, my hard drive light flickers for a split second and then no hard drive activity!

It is definitely Intel RST that is causing this as I restore my system to just before the installation and my system boots with no issues

I would be grateful if anyone had any ideas !!

My System Details:

Windows 10 Creators Edition

128GB Corsair Force SSD

1TB Hitachi HDD

SATA MODE in BIOS - AHCI

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller - Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 1C03

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

DaveM121: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities. We are sorry to hear the application is causing this problem.

In regard to this scenario, the thing is that the combination of hardware and software on your platform is not fully supported by Windows® 10. Windows® 10 is not fully compatible with Intel® 6 Series chipset, it is fully compatible with the Intel® 8 series chipset onward. That is why there is not an Intel® RST version that we can recommend to install to fix this problem and the best thing to do will be to un-install it.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
DM14
Beginner

Alberto, thanks for the informative my question . . .

One final question, can I change the chipset or is it an integral part of my Motherboard?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It is integral, as is the socket type (and the set of processors that are support by the board). If you get an 8 Series (or newer) motherboard, you will not be able to use your existing processor with it.

...S

0 Kudos
DM14
Beginner

Many thanks for clearing that up, Scott!

0 Kudos