Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Server Drawings

JPark551
Beginner

Is there anywhere that I can access drawings for a server chassis, server board, and compute module?

Thank,

Jordan Parker

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jordanpa,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support.

I understand that you looking to have access to Intel's drawings (blue prints) for server chassis, server board or/and compute modules.

In an effort to better assist you can you please indicate the following:
  • The reason for this request?
  • Any specific product or model to which you need this request?

Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel® Technical Support

0 Kudos
JPark551
Beginner

This is for a school engineering project where we are designing a supercomputer. One of the deliverable's is to have a 3D representation of the final design. Our team has determined that your products meet our design criteria. The products that I am looking for include:

Intel Xeon Phi 7250 Processor, Intel Compute Module HNS7200APL, Intel Server Board S7200AP, and Intel® Server Chassis H2216XXLR2.

So far this is all our team has chosen for our design. We will also be working on choosing a heatsink and switches that we will potentially need dimensions/drawings for.

-Jordan Parker

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jordan,

Thank you for your quick response.

Ok, based on this information I will go ahead look for the blue prints or dimensions for the products you mentioned.

I will get back to you as soon as I get the information.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jordan,

I hope you are doing well today.

Here is what I found: For the Intel Compute Module HNS7200APL and Intel Server Board S7200AP, you can check the topic 2.5 Mechanical Dimensions and Weight listed https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S7200AP_HNS7200AP_TPS_R1_0.pdf here. For the Intel® Server Chassis H2216XXLR2 you can check the topic: Table 1. Chassis Feature Set listed https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/H35971-001_H2000G_TPS.pdf here.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if there is something else I can help you, more than glad to assist.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel® Technical Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jordan,

I'm following with you to see if the information information provided was fine or if there something else I can help you with.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jordan,

I'm following with you to see if the information provided was ok or if there something else I can help you with.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
JPark551
Beginner

Yes, you can tell me if the Xeon phi 7250 processor runs x86 instruction set without recompiling?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jordan,

I was checking upon your question and the Xeon phi 7250 only supports Instruction Set in 64-bit and Instruction Set Extensions in Intel(R) AVX-512. You can confirm this information at the following links:

https://ark.intel.com/products/94035/Intel-Xeon-Phi-Processor-7250-16GB-1_40-GHz-68-core

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/xeon-phi/xeon-phi-processors/7250.html?wapkw=xeon+phi+7250

Topic: Instruction Set.

I hope this information clarify your query.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jordan,

I was checking upon your question and the Xeon phi 7250 only supports Instruction Set in 64-bit and Instruction Set Extensions in Intel(R) AVX-512. You can confirm this information at the following links:

https://ark.intel.com/products/94035/Intel-Xeon-Phi-Processor-7250-16GB-1_40-GHz-68-core

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/xeon-phi/xeon-phi-processors/7250.html?wapkw=xeon+phi+7250

Topic: Instruction Set.

I hope this information clarify your query.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
JPark551
Beginner

I have already found that information. It doesn't answer my question. Can the Xeon phi chip run using the x86 instruction set without recompiling?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jordan,

Let me investigate and get back to you with information as soon as possible.

Regards,
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jordan,

I apologize for the delay with the answer to your query.

Below is the response sent from our engineer to your question: Can the Xeon phi chip run using the x86 instruction set without recompiling?

" I am not sure I understand, is the code been compiled for IA or the x86 instruction set? If yes then they are fine and they will not need to recompile the code. However if they are asking about code that was compiled for something like RISK or SPARK or ARM then yes they will need to recompile. I suspect it is the first scenario, they are good to go, their prior x86 code will work fine."

Please let me know if there is something else I can help you with.

regards,

Jeremiah A.

Intel(R) Technical Support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jordan,

I'm following up with you to see if the information provided helps. Please let me know if there is something else I can help you with or if I can go ahead and close this case.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
JPark551
Beginner

There is another case that Intel is working on regarding this matter.

0 Kudos