Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

BSOD after Intel graphics 3000 driver update 8.15.10.2425 to 9.17.10.3347

KNaer
Beginner

Hello intel community.

I'm writing because I'm hoping someone can help me with this odd problem i've run into when updating. recently my pc has lagged a little during fullscreen in youtube and after having gamed for a good few hours. i googled it and learned that it was about time i updated my drivers, since this would fix it. i did this 2 days ago, but after running into a problem with another update, i had to do a system restore today. I reinstalled the driver today so that i could get back to ver. 9.17 and BAM BSOD. I've tried a few times now, but no matter what i do, as soon as i update my driver 8.15 to 9.17, i get BSOD. After that, the intel graphics is disabled and pc looks like something from the 90s.

thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KNaer
Beginner

Wow no one?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with driver version 3347.

I have been able to install driver 3347 and did not get any issues while playing games and accessing YouTube without any problems.

What happen if you install drivers from your motherboard or computer manufacturer? If you have an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) computer, drivers are usually customized for their models.

Please test using an earlier driver version off the Intel site and let me know your findings:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000/2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000/2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39

Try filtering by operating system version and try to install the driver when it finishes downloading, to verify that your system will accept it.

Allan.

0 Kudos
KNaer
Beginner

Hi Allan Thank you for responding.

I installed the driver again using your link. This time no BSOD, but once the latest driver has been installed, display drivers stop working on my computer. I can't access the NVIDIA control panel, and my max resolution is 1000X720 (i used to run on 900X1700 or something like that)

When i try to update the driver now, it simply says the latest hardware has been installed,

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

There might be a conflict between Intel video drivers and Nvidia as I would say your computer uses switchable graphics, please make sure you update Nvidia drivers from your computer manufacturer or the video card web site.

Allan.

0 Kudos