Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Centrino Wireless-N2230 + Asus RT-N56U = no internet connection?

VKaip
Beginner

Hi, I'm using Win7 x64 laptop with Intel Centrino Wireless-N2230 card, and bought Asus RT-N56U wireless router. After setting the router up, I can connect to internet using network cable, but when I go wireless the connection to internet keeps dropping intermittently. Connection to wireless network is stable and good, but the connection to internet dissapears for 30-60 seconds every couple of minutes. Again, if I'm using cable, everything is fast and nice. Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry for your issue.

So I understand that your Intel® wireless adapter remains properly connected to the access point but not to the internet. I have some questions in order to have a better picture of the issue:

Would you please indicate the status of the wireless connection in the Windows* system tray icon (Limited, No internet access, Internet access…)?

Does this happen with Intel® Proset Software as well as with the Windows* Wireless Auto-Config?

What results are obtained after a "ping –t" test to the default gateway and to an internet site (URL)?

What happens to the connection when using default router settings? Does this happen when using a different router?

0 Kudos