Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

problem with BT and WIFI WIN8.1 N7260

ypere2
Beginner

hi there,

i am getting really frustrated, i have a new dell inspiron with win8.1 and i have 2 major problems that are really getting me frustrated.

befor i start i will say that i tried to use dell's support and its not problem that they can help me with.

first problem is with my BT:

I am trying to use my dell to be like a speaker to my iphone. i know that on windows 7 it works even on older laptop.

I paired the iphone to my dell and it has connection, on the device setting i see that there is a service checked as enabled called "audio source service" and "handsfree audio getaway service" but still it is not working and i cant play music via BT to my dell speakers.

second problem is with my wifi:

i got wireless N7260 the drivers and proset software are fully updated. and the signal is really low. what i mean is that i have other laptops, older ones, in the same place and they are receiving signal and connection, i even get connection to wifi with my iphone but no signl on my dell. so its really frustrating when i could not connect to wifi on my room. just to know the router is 'n' type placed 15 meters from the room so its really should not make any problems. the only thing i think about is that your drivers are not compatible

please help me solve this two problems.

thanks wifi8.1

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing.

Let me provide you with the latest Intel® Proset drivers for WiFi and Bluetooth.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3716&DwnldID=23389 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3716&DwnldID=23389

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3716&DwnldID=23449 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3716&DwnldID=23449

I know you have contacted your system manufacturer but it is a good idea if they can take a look into your system in order to check the integration of the wireless adapter and antennas. Based on your description, this is very likely to be the cause.

Regarding the Bluetooth issue, is it possible to test with a different phone?

0 Kudos
KCorn
Beginner

please fix asap. i've been in contact with lenovo and MS and intel. you're all pointing your fingers at each other. i think you all need to communicate

0 Kudos
JPere32
Beginner

That's not the Joe solution with the new drivers I think it goes even worse, with the best work now in Win 8.1, are with that sack Dell, which I think is the only one that is like crazy trying to find the solution problemon ... I am the one who has a dell inspirion from about 4 days ago and this problem makes me want to return to ..

I hope that together give podais soon with the solution ...

Thanks anyway

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=6NMX5 Driver Details | Dell US

0 Kudos
KCorn
Beginner

I have been in contact with every company possibly invollved. i'm an MCSE,A+,IBM Partner, Lenovo Partner, Dell, HP etc.THIS ISSUE WILL GET ADDRESSED! That I promise.You could return your laptop 10 times and still get the same problem. This is unacceptable!!!!.

0 Kudos
KCorn
Beginner

I have a high ranking IBM rep coming tomorrow. Just to verify. They WILL be talking to MS and Intel. Trust me!

0 Kudos
CVanO2
Beginner

Same problems with Sony VAIO multiflip, using latest drivers supplied by sony version are 3.1.1307.0362 for Bluetooth HS and for wifi proset 16.6.0.8

Connection is much slower then my older HP Elitebook 8560 WIFI which is a gigabit wifi connection.

The sony is a brand new machine not even 2 months old at this time, all driver updates I did since January 3rd have issues not always the same but different, the first drivers under WIndows 8.1 lost about once a week the Bluetooth installation. A reinstall worked to have my my Bluetooth mouse working again

Now with the latest drivers sony released I get intermittent problems:

ISCT - netDetect::AOACWLANProset::LocateAdapters Net Detect: Net Detect Supported Error Getting Adapter List Error=0x80045205\n

And every copule of minutes sometimes 10 mintus sometiemes an hour between

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\IWMSSvc.dll

BUt overall the connection stays much slower then my Elitebook from Octobre 2011 upgraded to windows 8.1

I am very hesitant on trying to even more recent drivers we can find on the intel site as it seems problems keep coming

0 Kudos
JPere32
Beginner

another one that binds to this problem with my dell inspirion, and N7260 intel dual band wifi, and bug the weak signal and very slow. With Windows 8.1 ... Oh no solution yet? Or there is this failure to keep waiting ... Regards

0 Kudos
KCorn
Beginner

I'm going to replace my antennas. but now that you say it's dell too, i wonder! I thought it was just a Lenovo problem......Hmmmmm! Someone has to fix this or maybe an intel recall is in order. I have been troubleshooting for 25 years. this is just redirectig blame. intel and MS may need to get together. sick of of having cat5 cables running all over the house for a 2 week old computer!

0 Kudos
JPere32
Beginner

You think the problem is in the antenna? I do not think that Lenovo, Dell, Sony and some more hardware to mount this antenna has the problem. This is all driver incompatibility issues with the latest upgrade to Win8 Win8.1 .... Have if Windows intel and decide to seek a solution, because there are thousands of people affected. My dell has 2 days

0 Kudos
KCorn
Beginner

No. Now I don't think it's the antenna now that I'm finding out that it isn't just Lenovo. More searching and finding out more and more that it's the n7260 on every machine running 8.1 tells me that inteland MS need to get together on this.Or intel shipped a huge batch of bad cards. I flushed and filled my laptop the moment that I got it to get rid of the crap that comes with it and installed 8.1. So I never tested it on the OEM Win 8

0 Kudos
KCorn
Beginner

Extremely aggravating and FRUSTRATING!!!!!!! HOPE INTEL IS PAYING ATTENTION!!!

0 Kudos
JPere32
Beginner

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=6NMX5 Driver Details | Dell US

This driver is the one that seems to work best, while intel kick, Windows or any of our brands problemon an Al solution we have ...

Salu2 sitting and waiting

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

These issues are being investigated. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos
mneel1
Beginner

I also have problems with my Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus. Dropping connections, low WIFI signals, limited connection and so on. Tries everything and nothing really works. Bought this laptop in Europe for 1500 euro. You would expect anything good for that amount of money. Always thought Intel mad the best hardware. This is so disappointing ! So its no only when people did install the N7260 N card by themselves. Also the Samsung laptops are affected by this.

Best bet is to disable 40 mhx and HT mode. Much slower connections but more stable.

I read many complains about this issue and don't see any real response form Intel about what is really going on... Common Intel how many people must complain before you communicate!.

rroot1
Beginner

I am having the exact same issue on Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus.

Bluetooth mouse lags whenever HT mode is enabled. But as soon as I disable the mode, Bluetooth mouse becomes as smooth as an USB mouse.

This is a ridiculous solution to the problem that Intel better fix asap.

Also, buying a 5GHz router isn't a solution, when you often have to rely on 2.4Ghz WIFI on a business trip.

0 Kudos
KCorn
Beginner

I purchased a Cisco DPC 3939 modem/router. Took a few days to tell TWC how to connect it and I had to configure it. But WOW, problem with wireless is solved!!!!! No drops and 55+ down, 5+ up. WIRELESS!!!! Not a single drop in 2 days!!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may want to try with the latest driver versions:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth� technology

0 Kudos
rroot1
Beginner

Of course I had already installed them.

When I am just surfing the web with N connection, bluetooth works not too choppy. However, when the throughput gets high, then my bluetooth devices suddenly become choppy, making them unusuable.

I have heard that it is because this chip uses the same antenna for both bluetooth and wifi, which makes sense, because turning off HT mode and keeping the bandwidth/throughput low help the bluetooth devices to work.

But, that's unacceptable.

I hope you guys address the issue through driver updates ASAP. Otherwise, I will have to advise everyone I know with ultra portable devices not to buy anything that has Intel chip inside.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

What is the channel width you are using in 2.4 GHz, is it 20 or 40 MHz?

Does the issue occur with 20 MHz and HT mode enabled?

0 Kudos
CVanO2
Beginner

I just updated my access point because of what happened afterwards I now for sure the problem is driver related to the N7260 and it has to do with something interfering between bluetooth and wifi.

The problem is worse depending on the driver version, and the latest drivers are worse then older onces

My new access point is an engenius ECB600 - 2.4 and 5 Ghz

After installing I suddenly had much beter fast up to 300Mbps without dropping the wifi connection, the drivers for bluetooth where the latest available on the intel website, the drivers for wifi where the 16.6.08 wifi drivers (not the latest)

I decided to be safe to updgrade to the latest wifi drivers on the intel website, that was a mistake ever since doing that I had very bad connection, lots of complete dropouts + my wireless bluetooth mouse froze a couple of times for a couple of minutes.

After that I decided to go back to the Sony VAIO MUltiflip certified drivers which are 16.6.08 wifi drivers and 3.1.1307.0362 bluetooth drivers. Inel connection settings are turned off. Result higher connection rates for wifi all seems a lot better, but I am still wary because problems have been around ever since i bought my ssony multiflip .

We will see the coming days.

INTEL and MICROSOFT should have solved this long ago, it all strated after updating from windows 8 to 8.1.

0 Kudos