Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Programs and Activities crash to desktop when processor is stressed

VRusc
Beginner

Hi there, I've had this comp for a little less than a year now, and since November every time I try to run something processor-heavy, or that has lots of input of keyboards and etc the program or activity will crash to desktop. It's particularly inevitable when gaming online, but recently I haven't been able to compress a big folder with WinRar, and using Sandra to benchmark my processor has resulted in a system crash (win32k.sys). I couldn't use Kaspersky to run a online scan either. I'm really running out of places where I can ask these questions, and since I think it's hardware related, I thought I might come here. Here's my setup, along with my processor, Intel i7 3770:

Asus P8z77-v

Corsair CX600 CPU

8gb DDR3 ram, lowest frequency available, 1333Hz

ATI Radeon HD 6850

Two SATA1 hard-drives, 250gb (location of my OS) and 500gb, (backup and general media/documents)

I've updated my audio and network drivers, used this site's update utility to rule out other Intel components, and I'm still having issues. I ran memtest86+ for a whole 9 hours without a single error, too. I'm really sorry if this is too general of a question, but I hope you understand that I looked all over for a solution and couldn't find any. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear that have had issues with your computer.

If you've recently been getting errors with win32k.sys it's recommend you uninstall or re-install any programs that may have generated this error.

If this does not resolve your issue or you have not installed any program recently try recovering Windows back to an earlier copy. The win32k.sys process is part of Microsoft Windows and should not be deleted or prevented from loading each time Windows loads.

Additionally, you may try running processor diagnostic tool, this will inform of any errors on your processor:

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm?wapkw=ipdt http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm?wapkw=ipdt

Allan.

0 Kudos