Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

why wont my dedicated video memory change?

SSauj
Beginner

My dedicated video RAM stays at 128mb even though I have 4189mb available graphics memory. The driver also blocks certain games. Is there anyway to fix this? I've tried driver updates and system BIOS check. Please help. I have a laptop. The specs are as listed; Intel Core i5-4288U @2.60GHz, Intel Iris 5100 graphics card, 8gb RAM, 64bit operating system.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

The Intel® HD Graphics 5100 has a graphics max dynamic frequency of 1.2GHz, however; in most cases, the computer manufacturer has already configured the system to use the maximum amount of graphics memory that is possible for your particular computer model. Sometimes you can change these values through BIOS level, if there are no options available in the BIOS configuration then is not possible to change it. So, my recommendation is to check with your computer manufacturer if there are tips on increasing the amount of graphics memory for your computer model.

If you are interested in additional information see graphics memory frequently asked questions:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000020962.html Windows® 10 Graphics Memory FAQ.

Regards,

Amy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

The Intel® HD Graphics 5100 has a graphics max dynamic frequency of 1.2GHz, however; in most cases, the computer manufacturer has already configured the system to use the maximum amount of graphics memory that is possible for your particular computer model. Sometimes you can change these values through BIOS level, if there are no options available in the BIOS configuration then is not possible to change it. So, my recommendation is to check with your computer manufacturer if there are tips on increasing the amount of graphics memory for your computer model.

If you are interested in additional information see graphics memory frequently asked questions:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000020962.html Windows® 10 Graphics Memory FAQ.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos