Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Configuration/Unconfiguration not possible due to certifiacte issues

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am an absolute newbie to Intel vPro/AMT and try to understand the whole thing.

After studying the SCS Deployment Guide and a Dell Document (to use vPro with Dell Kace) I have started to configure a test machine in our network.

The vPro inferface of this test machine was configured years ago by administrators who are not in our company anymore. Unfortunately they have not documented their work with vPro.

I created a xml-configuration file and tried to configure the machine with acuconfig.exe ConfigAMT vpro.xml. The result is a certificate error:

Exit with code 22 - An internal exception occurred when processing the request. Details: Failed to verify the file signature chain. either connect the computer to the Internet, or manually download and install the root certificate update package from the Microsoft update catalog. Failed to verify the file signature chain. either connect the computer to the Internet, or manually download and install the root certificate update package from the Microsoft update catalog. C:\Configurator\ACU.dll A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority. (0xc0003f7b). (0xc0003f7b).

When I try to unconfigure the machine via acuconfig UnConfigure /Full I get the same error.

Is it possible to reset the configuration?

Best way for me would be to reset it remotely. Is this possible?

Greetings, Philipp

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JWurm1
Beginner

I fought with this error yesterday.

My problem was resolved by copying a new version of the acuconfig.exe file over to the computer. The first copy of the file didn't maintain the digital signature of the file.

I could see if it was going to fail by right clicking on the acuconfig.exe file and going to properties. If the digital signatures tab was missing, that copy of the file would never work. I copied over a new version, checked the properties, and then the digital signatures tab was there. This error went away as long as the acuconfig.exe file had the digital signatures tab.

0 Kudos