Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

1366x768 resolution on Mobile Intel 945

idata
Employee

Hello guys,

I'm getting pretty desperate on the following issue and I do hope you can help me out here!

1. I have an Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Si 1520 Notebook with a Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family graphic card (Chip Type Intel GMA 950). I checked on the intel site if I have the latest driver and the site told me that I do (version : 7.14.10.1504). The native resolution on the notebook is 1280x800. The OS is Vista.

2. I have an external Monitor ASUS VH 192D, which has VGA Port and has a native resolution of 1366x768 according to the official user manual.

The problem is that I can't seem to be able to select the Monitors native resolution. I'm running it on 1280x768 now and it really doesn't look good. I googled a lot but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I also installed a program called powerstrip and tried to change the resolution, but it seems that it has troubles working with intel cards (or so I've read).

I'm not very computer savvy, so any help would be greatly appreciated! If you need any more information, please just let me know.

cele

0 Replies