Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

D955Xcs Chipset and HDMI

idata
Employee

I have a Intel D955Xcs chipset motherboard that I am trying to get to output audio through my HDMI cable. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. I get video out but no audio. I have installed the most up to date drivers but still no audio. I have a Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS graphics card attached to the MB, the 7600 Gs has the HDMI port. The receiver reports that it see the HDMI video (1080p) but no Audio input. I have tried installing Realtek Audio Codecs but still no success. In Windows Device manager under sound, I see the HD device (speakers) but no HDMI device. What do I need to do to get the HDMI device thus HDMI audio? Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Have you got a link to your specifc GPU? fomr what i can see it onlyy has DVI.

Also have you got teh audio connected to the GPU, or are you tryign to get it through the pcie slot?

idata
Employee

Cpt.Dogfruit wrote:

Have you got a link to your specifc GPU? fomr what i can see it onlyy has DVI.

Also have you got teh audio connected to the GPU, or are you tryign to get it through the pcie slot?

Here is the link for my GPU http://tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3123171&CatId=1560 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3123171&CatId=1560 Looks like this link does not work. Google "xfx 7600 gs hdmi" and click on the "tigerdirect.com" link.

I have the HDMI cable connected to the GPU's HDMI slot and connected to my Panasonic Plasma HDTV.

The GPU uses a PCIe 16x expansion slot. At this time, I have a sound coaxial cable connected into the GPU coaxial "in" port and the other end of the coaxial cable is plugged into the coaxial output on the rear of the MB; as described in the setup manual for the GPU.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. No updates except the latest driver from Nvidia for this GPU. I tried using Intels auto driver scan but it shows white space where driver updates would go. No othe software has been installed on this computer.

Checking with Device Manager or the sound mixer, I do not see anything relating to any of the SP/DIF devices onboard the MB. I can get sound out of the front headphone plug and through the speaker plug into the lite green colored "speaker" port on the backside of the MB.

I have excellent video output over the HDMI cable but no sound.

Thank you Cpt.Dogfruit for your assistance.

0 Kudos