Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Intel Celeron M 350 Upgrade Path - Where to now?

idata
Employee

Good afternoon,

I have an old Clevo M375S laptop which currently has an Intel Celeron M 1.3 Mhz 350 CPU. Unfortunately I do not know the Motherboard type or model.

I am very keen indeed to upgrade this within the machine but I am not sure what the path would be and which CPU to go for?

I have upgraded the RAM to 2Gb and cannot go any higher so to improve performance further I wanted to go with the CPU.

Can anyone provide any suggestions around this?

The exact CPU at this time is intel cleron M 350 1300 400mhz 1mb

I have been looking at 1.7Ghz Intel Celeron M but also at 2.0 and 2.4 Mobile Intel Celeron CPU?

Unfortunately information on this laptop is scarce so it was suggested that as long as I stay with the same family it should be OK.

I know what some may say.....Buy a new laptop...just can't afford that right now so wanted to go with the upgrade.

Any help or suggestions that you can provide would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Check at CPU World web site you might fine more Info on the celrons there. What Kind of HD interface do you have , If it's a SATA you may want to leave the CPU alone and get a SSD HD You will get a major performance boast just by changing Hard drives. I did this with a older HP laptop and now it's like a New Machine. and I had a 1.6 Core 2 Duo. . Now it runs like it has a quad core.