Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Help with my i5 2500k

idata
Employee

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help me

I built my system about 5 weeks ago, corsaiir 800d, intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz, asus p8p67pro, 6gb corsair xms, asus gtx580, bequiet dark rock advance cooler,

A few days ago the system just lost power and won't startup, i've tested most of the components in a friends pc to check they work, i think i've narrowed it down to the motherboard or cpu.

when i took cpu out i noticed some of the contacts on the underside were quite heavily marked, in the picture below, bottom left, i was wondering what peoples opinions on this are.

Thanks

2 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

In order to determine if the issue is the processor of the motherboard, I would suggest testing the processor on a friend's motherboard, or testing another processor on your system.

Make sure that the testing motherboard / processor as fully compatible.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I also have an issue with my i5-2500k, it runs at stock settings and I did a realtemp and Prime95 test to see what the temps would be (to check if the TIM and cpu cooler were applied correctly). And I keep getting that the worker in core 3 creates an error. Temps don't go above 54 celcius on 100% load. Should I be concerned?

0 Kudos