Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Use Windows Logon

idata
Employee

In our installation of Intel Proset 12.4.4.5, we have WPA2 Ent, using TKIP Encryption and LEAP Auth with the option set to "Use the Windows logon user name and password". For some reason, POwhen we connect with the profile it is prompting us for the UN, PW and Domain as if we had the "Prompt for user name and password" selected... Has anyone seen this before or is there a configuration option that I am not thinking of in order to control this...

Our installation is done with this commandline:

msiexec.exe /i "c:\Drivers\NIC\Intel Proset Client\Intel PROSet Wireless.msi" /qb REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADDLOCAL=WIFI_Driver,WIFI_Software,WIFI_UI,WIFI_Simple_Config,WIFI_SSO,WIFI_Troubleshooter

That is for the most part defaults short of adding the Single Signon option... I have even tried a manual installation with the same result..

Thanks....
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sachin_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Squirre1,

You need a reboot after installation to have Proset auto-fill user credentials.

Thanks

Sachin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

After the Intel Proset is installed, there is a reboot that takes place... I just dont let the installation do it... Any other suggections...

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Sachin_A_Intel
Employee

PROSet gets Windows logon credentials from OS when user enters his userid/pwd on Ctrl-Alt-Del screen.

Also, the component which gets this credentials will be loaded by OS during reboot i.e. GINA mechanism.

Therefore REBOOT is necessary for using Windows logon credentials.

0 Kudos