Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7445 Discussions

Cannot Update Wireless Driver

idata
Employee

I have a Dell Studio XPS 16 with Windows 7 Ultimate installed. I have the Intel WiFi link 5300 with My WiFi in my laptop. I have the driver version 12.4.1.4 installed. The automatic update software tells me that the most recent version is 13.0.0.107. I have downloaded it and tried installing it, however whenever I do a window pops up saying it is installing and then goes away with no confirmation. However, Windows still says i have driver version 12.4.1.4. The automatic update on Intel's site also still says I have 12.4.1.4 installed. Windows also says that the 12.4.1.4 driver is up to date. The My WiFi software says that I do not have a supported Intel wireless network adapter, but I know my adapter works because I did it on Windows Vista before doing a Windows 7 clean install. Does anyone know why I am unable to update my wireless card's driver?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi ivanberia,

I have same Dell than you and succeeded in installing this new version by downloading the ICS_Ds64.zip from Intel download site. Once you have it, unzip it in a temp folder. Then go to your wireless card 'properties' -> 'configure' -> Driver -> 'Update driver' then select 'search for a driver on my computer' and tell Win7 the temp folder you unzipped the driver.

Let Win7 work and there it is, you are in 13.0.0.107

Cheers,

Slywan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi ivanberia,

I have same Dell than you and succeeded in installing this new version by downloading the ICS_Ds64.zip from Intel download site. Once you have it, unzip it in a temp folder. Then go to your wireless card 'properties' -> 'configure' -> Driver -> 'Update driver' then select 'search for a driver on my computer' and tell Win7 the temp folder you unzipped the driver.

Let Win7 work and there it is, you are in 13.0.0.107

Cheers,

Slywan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much Slywan, everything works perfectly now.

0 Kudos