Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN with Apple Time Capsule

idata
Employee

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN drivers later than version 13.2.0.30 seem not to work well with my 2TB Apple Time Capsule wireless access point with firmwares 7.5, 7.5.1, or 7.5.2. The client is a Lenovo ThinkPad T510 running Windows 7 64-bit (fully patched, both with and without SP1, including a fresh OS install using our standard corporate OS image).

With 13.2.0.30, if I do a [i]ping –t[/i] to the IP address of the WAP, I usually see 1 ms response times. Occasionally, I'll see a spike of 10 – 200+ ms response times. Even more occasionally, I'll see a [i]request timed out[/i] or [i]Reply From : Destination Host Unreachable [/i] message, but it quickly recovers. With versions later than 13.2.0.30, all of these symptoms occur more frequently and recovery from a [i]request timed out[/i] or a [i]host unreachable[/i] condition can take many seconds or even a minute plus.

Inexplicably, at least to me, the problem seems aggravated if I have a remote desktop session open from my notebook to another computer. Also, there's no sign of the problem when pinging from the MacBook Pro laptops on the network.

Any ideas?

1 Reply