Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Problem when using 'Customise Aspect Ratio' scaling to correct overscan on Sony KDL-32CX523 TV

idata
Employee

Hi,

When I connect my laptop to my Sony TV (KDL-32CX523) the image is overscanned by a significant margin. I have corrected this by customizing the aspect ratio in the Intel Media Accelerator to a 70:70 scale.

However, when I connect my laptop to my TV quite often the screen on the TV is stretched vertically far more than it should be, meaning half of the screen is not visible. The only way to resolve the problem is to change the scaling back to 100 then down to 70 again. Sometimes this works, sometimes I have to reboot. This only occurs in Extended Desktop and Duplicate modes; Projector Only works perfectly.

It's definitely a driver problem rather than the TV and I have tried reinstalling the driver with no success. Any help would be appreciated as this is a surprisingly time consuming problem!

Running Windows 7 Professional on Dell Studio 1555

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

Can you reply with the model number of your graphics controller and the graphics driver version?

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Allan,

Thank you for your reply.

Not 100% sure which one is the controller so I'll list the relevant bits from system info.

Driver Version: 8.15.10.1968

Accelerator: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Processor: Intel 64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10

Please let me know if that doesn't cover it and many thanks for the help!

0 Kudos