Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Clean install drivers Intel HD 5500

NPres3
Novice

Hello everyone, I have integrated graphics Intel HD 5500 and would like to do a clean installation of the driver as soon as when switched on for the first time the PC. I already tried to do it from the management of devices from Microsoft, but I noticed a few details, the first after uninstalling the driver and reboot the PC, I do not give me the time to see the version that I already install the driver automatically, and even disabling connection does not know where they are going to take. Second, after reinstalling the control panel of the graphics card stays with the same settings as before so in practice is not restored ...

I have Windows 10 64-bit, and was wondering if anyone of you knows how to return to the original state without the driver having no residual files of older drivers to avoid other problems. Thank you all

3 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nikola87:

There is a way to manually install the graphics driver in your system.

Here you can find how: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

The latest driver so far: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Also, I would like to know, what is the issue you are encountering with? since you are trying to perform this task, I am curious and I could be of help for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Esteban C

NPres3
Novice

Thanks for the answer, I do this because too many times I reinstalled the drivers doing some tests with the games and in the end I decided to do a clean installation to be sure that there are no residual files of previous drivers and maybe have some conflict.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Nikola87:

I understand, an additional option that you could select while uninstalling the graphics driver would be the one in screenshot below.

"Delete the driver software for this device"

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos