Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Core i7 920 with Asus P6T delux placed in my sony vaio vcgrb38g Chassis

idata
Employee

Hello

I have a sony vaio desk top vgcrb38g, which has a pentium 4 processor. I trying to upgrade my computer. so, i purchased Core i7 920 processor

and the manual states this processor needs a Thermally Advantage Chassis (TAC) verions 1.1, which maintains an internal ambient tempature at or

below 38 degrees celcius.Manuaul states a pentium 4 processor also reuquires this. so, does this means my vgcrb38g chassis is a Thermally Advantage Chassis? I went to the people i thought should be able to answer this question - Sony - but know they directed me to this site.

can some help me...please....i am a nubi and i do not want to burnout my processor

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

i mean - Sony - but no they directed me to this site.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think you will be fine from a thermal point of view, my concerns would be if the Sony chassis had a standard ATX layout that will allow the P6T to be fitted.

You can monitor the temperature of the chip with a number of software tools and see if you have issues, if your experiancing issues you could upgrade from the OEM intel cooler to a larger heat pipe cooler, this would lower the temperature by a good margin.

0 Kudos