Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software (HP Pavilion G6, Intel HD Graphics driver)

idata
Employee

I have an HP Pavilion G6, which I upgraded to Windows 8. Here are the specs for the system:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03086806&cc=ca&destPage=document&jumpid=reg_r1002_uken_c-001_title_r0001&lc=en&tmp_docname=c03086806 HP Pavilion g6-1c74ca Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Support

When I upgraded I noticed some fps (frames per second) drop and ping rise on one of my favourite games, Ace of Spades. This game is remarkably simple, and as the developers put it "your grandmother's rig could run this game". Before the upgrade, the game ran fine. After, the fps decrease and ping increase led me to believe the graphics(fps)/network(ping) drivers might be to blame, so I went to the HP site to download the updated Windows 8 graphics and network drivers, link here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5189545 Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion g6-1c74ca Notebook PC | HP® Support

When I tried to install them, I got this message for both:

"this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Remember, this is the driver supplied by HP for MY computer. I could not have gotten it wrong. HP Product # A3J86UA.

Puzzled, I headed to the Intel site, to see if I could download updated Windows 8 drivers from there. When I do a search for a driver, there are NO Windows 8 drivers. Why is this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MEA1
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've actually since found that driver and installed it, but still have lag issues in game, and my network drivers are all up to date. I had no such issues with Windows 7. What could my problem be?

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Brian,

I'm glad you were able to locate some drivers for your machine. Intel® does not provide Windows 8 drivers for 1st Generation Intel® HD Graphics™. They either come default with the Win8 operating system, or are downloaded through windows update.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have intel Dg41rq board with core 2dua 2.40GHZ 2.40GHZ processor i installed windows 8 professional final i got the same error while installing intel graphics media accelerator

"THIS COMPUTER DOES NOT MEAT THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT"

How do i fix it plz help i spended hours serching for the solution....

0 Kudos
ygaut
Beginner

you must read , redme.txt or installation_readme.txt before installing the driver, this text file contains list of supported Intel processors/chipsets .

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Arsalan,

The CPU you are using is not supported on Windows* 8. For more information you can check here;

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos