Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel HD graphics 5500 Windows 10 driver? No sound to TV

THåka
Beginner

I've currently looked through tons of threads on all kinds of forum looking for a fix for my sound problem. A lot of people experience it but no one of their solutions work for me. Either because I have Windows 10 installed and there are no drivers for that platform or there is some problem with my laptop since it's running both NVIDIA and Intel Graphics at the same time.

But I've come to the conclusion that my problem lies within Intel this time. Disabling the Intel HD graphics turned off all the connections to the TV (no image). Hence Intel is handling the HDMI connection. The problem I'm having is that I get no sound to my TV when I connect my laptop to it via HDMI.

What have I done so far to try to fix the problem:

Checked if the audio channel connect to the TV. Says HDMI not plugged in

3.5mm -> 2RCA adapter from laptop to TV without success.

Tried finding a new driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 for windows 10 (currently rocking 10.18.15.4256).

Tried different laptop (old and unused) connected to the TV, it works. So there is no problem with the cable or the TV-I/O.

Checked all the graphics cards/audio devices for new driver updates through device manager

Speculations:

I might be missing a driver for some Intel Audio Device. In the device manager under audio- video- and game controllers, I don't have a unit/driver called something like Intel Audio Device. I have

three others though, "High Definition Audio Device", "NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)" and "Realtek High Definition Audio". I've seem some threads telling people to reinstall that driver. But I don't have that.

Specs:

Acer Aspire V3-572G-55V4

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

RAM: 8.00 GB

Windows 10 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce 840M

If anyone can be of any help it would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
2 Replies
THåka
Beginner

It was as I suspected a driver from intel that was not installed/old version. I updated the VGA Intel Driver and everything is working like it should. Although the first two links didn't work for me, the first even said that it wasn't verified on my system or something weird like that.

So for anyone wondering how to fix this, try the third link and change to your own computer. Might work for you too.

Thanks!

0 Kudos