Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

chipset 10.1.1.14 install unknown error

CWest6
Beginner

Ran the driver update utility and stated that version 10.1.1.14 was available for install and update currently running version 10.0.15063.0 states that it failed due to unknown error made sure no software running including antivirus was turned off. Operating system is Win 10.

Reason for checking for update that getting purple screen on some applications like facebook gameroom when trying to access games. Any suggestions? Need help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Did you by chance run the driver update utility on a legacy GPU?

If so you can neither install the aforementioned chipset driver nor graphics drivers under Windows 10.

Check out:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello cwest38401,

I understand you are getting purple screen on some applications.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

Since you are getting some type of graphics issues the driver that needs to be updated is the graphics driver instead of the chipset driver.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello cwest38401,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the purple screen you are getting in some applications. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos