Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14518 Discussions

XTU does not show the advanced tuning options

LFlig
Novice

Hi I have a motherboard intel dx58so2 with intel x5650, windows 7 and xtu does not provide me with any tuning fan, oc etc

I installed the latest version of the motherboard's bios and program

Any solution?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello lastflight,

Thank you for joining the Processors community.

I just wanted to let you know that issue you are facing could be related to the fact that this processor has not been officially test on this motherboard, so any issue with this configuration is expected. Updating your BIOS to the latest is the best option available which at this point you already tried.

For the Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO2 this is the supported processors list: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/DX58SO2.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/DX58SO2.pdf.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
LFlig
Novice

Thank you for the reply

I currently have the bios 0920 version, by bios I have the ability to change the values for the processor, the main problem with regard to the bios is the regulation of PWN fans, the bios only allows to activate the control via the motherboard, But you can not set a curve.

This means that system fans remain off or without PWN control can only operate at 100%.

So the bios supports the CPU so I thought it was just a software problem.

I know the motherboard is no longer supported by Intel, but I wonder if there is a future upgrading of the xtu or bios program or if I can use third-party fan setup programs (which one?)

What I can suggest is a bios update with the latest microcode for Westmere-EP (206C2) I do not think it's tough.

However, thanks for the assistance

Yours sincerely

Last Flight
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

Well, the last update for the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility was on the 5/13/2017, so we do our best to respond and provide troubleshooting to forum posts related to this matter. But, you have to bear in mind that with this configuration the outcome could be the same even though in the future we release a new version. Regarding third-party tools the best advice should be found with peers on third-party site for this purpose, maybe you could try https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ PC Systems & Components | Overclockers UK

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
LFlig
Novice

Thanks for understanding Amy

I will try with a fan controller, my advice is to provide for unpublished platforms, the tools for updating the microcode in the bios, as currently the .bio files are not editable by third parties.

good job

Last
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure Last.

Hope that the fan controller works for you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
LFlig
Novice

I have good news, I've tried xtu version 2.1 on Windows 7 and everything seems to work perfectly.

idata
Employee

Last that is really good to hear!

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos