Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Gigabit 82567V-2 No Wake on Lan Options

Tkirv
Beginner

I'm trying to configure Wake on Lan on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit HP Pavilion Elite HPE. I've configured my "lesser" machines just fine, but this one has the 82567V-2 gigabit card which doesn't show any wake on magic packet options in advanced properties. I've tried many different options but the card still won't stay awake when powered down. I have unchecked allow the computer to power it down, enabled wake on lan in bios, disabled fast boot and hibernate. Driver is up to date from windows update. I also searched for a specific driver on intel's website but there isn't one for Windows 10 64 bit. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Tomelicious,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. Unfortunately this ethernet controller is a legacy model which is already end of interactive support, thus there is no Windows 10 driver available at our site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/32208/Intel-82567-Gigabit-Ethernet-Controller

As 82567V-2 is an onboard NIC on your HP* Pavillion, you may contact HP* for possible customized driver and check with them the option. Hope the above clarified.

Thank you.

regards,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tomelicious,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed? Please check with HP* support if there is a need to upgrade the BIOS or any other setting need to be enable in the BIOS aside from the wake on lan option?

regards,

sharon

0 Kudos