Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Windows 10 & Windows Core IoT Support

GLete1
Beginner

Hello all,

I'm interested into Intel Euclid kit, and i'm looking forward to get a bit more informations about it.

* Is it compatible windows Windows 10 Core Iot? And how about the camera drivers?

* If not, is it compatible with a full version of Windows 10? And the camera drivers?

To be more precise about those two questions, i would like to use Windows as the Euclid OS to exploit it and run .NET Application on it.

* Do you have a average value to give me according to the Euclid battery life?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sniceper.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Euclid uses the Linux operating system, and comes pre-installed with Ubuntu 16.04. I am not aware of any circumstances where Euclid has been able to be used with Windows 10. In regard to Windows 10 IoT Core, compatibility with a device has to be programmed into IoT Core. So whilst the Intel Joule can be used with IoT Core, the Euclid is not rated for use with it to the best of my knowledge.

This is not necessarily a recommendation that you use Intel Joule though as the Joule product line is scheduled to be discontinued at the end of this year, so you would not get long-term technical and upgrade support for it if you purchase one. This may not be a problem for you though if you are able to achieve your project goals with the product as it is now.

Joule can be used with an externally attached RealSense ZR300 camera, the one that is inside the Euclid.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-joule-kits/000023508.html How to Connect the Intel® RealSense™ Camera ZR300 to the Intel®...

Regarding Euclid's average battery life, I do not have data for this. A member of the Euclid development team can hopefully supply an estimate.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Euclid uses the Linux operating system, and comes pre-installed with Ubuntu 16.04. I am not aware of any circumstances where Euclid has been able to be used with Windows 10. In regard to Windows 10 IoT Core, compatibility with a device has to be programmed into IoT Core. So whilst the Intel Joule can be used with IoT Core, the Euclid is not rated for use with it to the best of my knowledge.

This is not necessarily a recommendation that you use Intel Joule though as the Joule product line is scheduled to be discontinued at the end of this year, so you would not get long-term technical and upgrade support for it if you purchase one. This may not be a problem for you though if you are able to achieve your project goals with the product as it is now.

Joule can be used with an externally attached RealSense ZR300 camera, the one that is inside the Euclid.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-joule-kits/000023508.html How to Connect the Intel® RealSense™ Camera ZR300 to the Intel®...

Regarding Euclid's average battery life, I do not have data for this. A member of the Euclid development team can hopefully supply an estimate.

0 Kudos
مالأز
Beginner

hop full to solve it https://www.mwlana.com/ azhar.eg

0 Kudos
Amit_M_Intel
Employee

sniceper wrote:

Hello all,

I'm interested into Intel Euclid kit, and i'm looking forward to get a bit more informations about it.

* Is it compatible windows Windows 10 Core Iot? And how about the camera drivers?

* If not, is it compatible with a full version of Windows 10? And the camera drivers?

Euclid has been developed for use with Ubuntu only. Although you can install the OS you want, we provide no support for other OSs at the moment. Sorry...

To be more precise about those two questions, i would like to use Windows as the Euclid OS to exploit it and run .NET Application on it.

* Do you have a average value to give me according to the Euclid battery life?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sniceper.

It is really depends on the usage. running the device with camera worked for us around 2 hours. but it is not an official number since it really depends what you run on it...

Thanks,

Amit

(intel)

0 Kudos
GLete1
Beginner

Hello all,

Thank you for your answers, which are really helpful.

Is there any device to replace it?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you mean a replacement for the Joule, there has been unofficial speculation by some developers that the new version of the Minnowboard is a natural successor to Joule. Others look to the new Up Board Core as a replacement for both Joule and Edison (which will also be discontinued this year, along with the Galileo board.).

0 Kudos