Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless 8260 issues

RSher3
Beginner

Hello. It seems that there is a reoccurring theme with this card with slow download speed. I just got a Zbook Studio, and am experiencing the same issues. On my home network, I an routinely getting over 100mb download on my Thinkpad T430s, Lenovo y410p, MacBook Air, 2 iphones and 1 ipad. The Zbook is barely managing 10mb, and that is in between dropping the wi fi all together. I have been on with HP tech support 4 different times, but no luck. They suggested I turn off the Bluetooth, which is fine, but I don't feel that a business class laptop in this price range should have to have work arounds to get a wi fi card to work. They also suggested just using an ethernet cable, again I feel that is not acceptable in this case. (Although with an Ethernet cabinet plugged in, the speed is great) Has there been any standard fixes for this? It seems like in most of the posts and comments, that the issue goes unsolved. I know the next question will be asking about an error report, etc, but I don't know how to get the information.Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ryan_S,

We understand that you are getting low download speeds in your PC using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. As you suggested, we've had similar reports about this. We advise you to try the following workarounds for this issue, please apply the first one and check if the issue is solved, if not, proceed with the second option and let us know if this helps:

1. Disable Receive Segment Coalescing (RSC) in the Adapter. The first option is to use Powershell, /message/480777# 480777 as seen in this post; as second option disable Packet Coalescing in thehttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005585.html Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings.

2. Lower the Maximum Transmission Unit from 1500 (or default) to 1400, /message/480862# 480862 as noted in this forum post.

For further assistance, please provide the following details:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool with the connection working fine and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.

- Access point model and firmware version.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ryan_S,

We have not heard back from you in a while. Have you been able to apply our suggestions to your system?

Please let us know if further troubleshooting is needed.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos