cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GBs Wriiten to SSD 750

jjoe
New Contributor

Good morning,

It seems the new Toolbox is different in displaying the actual number of GBs written to the SSD 750.

Based on the attached export, can you please confirm that the "Data Units Written" row indicates the 750 has written 3571.76 GB of actual data?

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question but I have just read so much seemingly conflicting information regarding this.

Thanks, in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Jpasint,

We understand you would like us to verify the GBs written of your SSD.First of all, what is the capacity of your SSD?Now, reading the SMART details you provided, it seems normal; however, we would like you to let us know what kind of workload do you put on the SSD?Is it the OS installed on this one?Besides that and waiting for confirmation of the previous questions, we don't think the number is incorrect.Regards,NC

jjoe
New Contributor

Thank NC,

It is a 750 Series AIC 1.2TB PCI-Express 3.0. It is in my personal home desktop running W10. I do a fair amount of video editing.

The drive has been installed for a few months.

jjoe
New Contributor

I should add that I also have a single 120GB 520 Series SSD in my system.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Jpasint,

According to the workload and usage, the SSD is showing just normal numbers, this is what the system reports as data written to the drive. We do suggest to check if there is any software written more data on it or if you use different editing softwares.Also, keep tracking the SSD using the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26387/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® SSD Toolbox, as of now, the SSD is not showing any issues with wear level.If you need further assistance, please let us know.Regards,NC